Draught Line Cleaning P1
December 21st, 2020
35 mins 45 secs
About this Episode
Draught beer line cleaning is a critical factor in the service of excellent draught beer. Cleaning your system frequently ensures beer quality but increases the cost of service due to beer lost when preparing the lines for cleaning. Throughout the industry, there is debate over the "best practices" in draught cleaning, including what defines a "clean" draught system. With the ever-increasing selection of draught beers, it is imperative not only to the brewer but all the way to the consumer that the beer provided as draught is representative of the beer provided by the brewer. The challenges of clean beer lines have never been more evident than today. Many of the draught beers on the market come with active yeast cultures, wild yeast cultures, and bacteria, all part of the flavor mix. These organisms can contaminate draught lines for the next beer to be tapped on those lines. Additionally, the intrusion of contaminant microorganisms from various sources and breweries needs to be eliminated and controlled within draught systems to ensure that the beer poured is exactly as intended.
- Basic Guide to Line Cleaning and Maintenance in Draught Beer Systems — MBAA TQ 2016
- WBC Connect 2020 On-Demand Access — Boundless access to WBC Connect 2020 content is now available for purchase to those that did not attend this year's congress. The 150+ hours of session recordings is a great educational resource. Boundless access gives you access now through October 8, 2021!
- Upcoming Events - Master Brewers Calendar
- 2021 Master Brewers Conference — Oct 28-30 | Hilton Cleveland
- Join Master Brewers — Use promo code BEER20 to save 20% on dues now through December 31, 2020