As a member of this working group, you will screen potential content for the Master Brewers Podcast by serving as the association's eyes & ears of your local district.
Charge (aka what is expected of you)
- Attend all of your district's meetings. If you can't be present for a given district meeting, you are responsible for recruiting another district member to fulfill the following obligations.
- Get all district presentations uploaded to the District Presentations Archive (instructions can be found here). Pro tip: bring a thumb drive to each meeting instead of trying to chase down presentations later.
- Within 3 days of each district meeting, submit your report by following the instructions below.
- Term: This is a 2-year commitment. You are required to recruit your own replacement prior to the end of your term.
Instructions For Reporting
Within 3 days of each of your home district meetings, please create a new post on the Podcast Working Group community page (rather than replying to another post). Be sure to include:
District name & meeting date, plus a list of each technical presentation in the following format:
- Presentation title
- Presenter's name
- A simple, unscientific rating/ranking of how each presentation was received by members (ie 3/5 stars)
- Should we interview the presenter for the Master Brewers Podcast? (yes/no)
- A direct link to each district presentation (see #2 above)
Other Stuff That's Nice But Optional
- Please forward any additional ideas or episode proposals to the community site and/or John Bryce
- Feel free to comment on other posts in the working group (ie "we also had that presentation at our district and it was great/not so great/too much of a commercial/etc.")
How to Join
If you'd like to volunteer to represent your district, please contact Susan Kohn. There is no limit to the number of representatives per district - the more, the merrier. Please do NOT volunteer to help unless we can count on you to fully execute the Charge above. This is a critical role - the only thing worse than not having a rep from a given district, is having a rep who fails to deliver the charge. Coming soon: prizes will be awarded to those who make the most contributions.